Banana & Oat Biscuits
Tuesday, 23 March 2021 | Admin
My Banana and Oat Biscuits are a super easy and healthy bake!Ingredients
75g (3oz) butter/margarine, softened
75g (3oz) caster sugar
1 small egg, beaten lightly
40g (1½oz) corn flour
40g (1½oz) potato flour
¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
¼ teaspoon bread soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 banana, mashed
125g (5oz) pure oats
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment, and preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F.
- Put the butter/margarine and sugar in a large bowl and cream them together until light and fluffy with a hand-held electric mixer, then beat the egg into the mixture.
- Sieve in the flours, gum, bread soda, salt and spices and mix on the lowest speed on your electric mixer.
- Fold in the mashed banana, oats and hazelnuts, and mix well.
- Drop heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, allowing about 5cm/2ins of space between each biscuit as the mixture will spread.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, then transfer quickly to a wire rack and leave to cool. Once the biscuits are cool, pop into an airtight container to store.